When you set up an account with us, you are required to submit your personal details, a selfie picture, and pictures of your identity documents. This is called the Know Your Customer (KYC) process. It is mandatory that we have the correct and up-to-date information as it is a regulatory requirement. This also gives us an ability to identify individuals uniquely and helps keep our customers safe by preventing any malicious or bad actors from entering the CoinZoom exchange.
When you see that your verification is rejected, it can be due to any number of reasons. Some of the common reasons are listed below:
- There is a problem with the ID you’ve submitted.
- The information on the ID doesn’t match the personal information provided.
- The picture you submitted is hazy or unclear.
- The photo IDs, such as the passport or driving license you submitted have expired.
You get 3 attempts to complete your verifications. If the KYC is rejected in the first attempt, you can resubmit the details again by clicking on the Verify Now button on the popup you see as soon as you sign in to the app.
Please see some helpful tips below to make sure that your KYC is not rejected again:
- The ID you submit should be a valid Government issued ID.
- Your Profile information must match the information on the ID. If you filled in incorrect/incomplete details in your profile, please go back to Settings> Profile and update it as per your ID.
- Take the pictures in a good light. Hold the camera steady and remain as still as possible while taking your selfie picture.
- Click pictures of your documents at a good distance, it should be in focus and easy to read.
- Use an ID that is up-to-date and current.
If the KYC is rejected again, you can create a support ticket with the Subject "KYC Rejection" so we can manually verify your details. You will need to sign-up for a support account if you don't already have one.
Note: Do not share your Identity documents via email. Also, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we cannot assist you with KYC verification on the in-app chat.