Fund Your Account
Once your account is verified, you can deposit money in your account and begin buying and selling cryptocurrency. There are many different ways to fund your account, depending on what is most convenient. Some methods are quicker than others and some require a holding period before you can withdraw, but any funding method allows you to begin trading as soon as the funds appear in your account.
See this article to compare funding methods, fees, posting, and hold times.
Locate the Deposit Screen
- Web app: Portfolio -> Deposit (look on the USD line)
- Pro app: Left nav menu -> Portfolio -> USD (green button) -> Deposit
- Mobile app: Tap Deposit button on the main screen
Click on the links below to learn more about each funding method.
You may fund your account with most Visa or Mastercard debit cards.
To fund from your debit card:
- Go to the Deposit screen
- Choose Debit Card Deposit
- Enter the card information
- Double check that everything is correct and click "Submit".
There is a maximum of $500 deposit per 24 hours when depositing by debit card. Also, there is a limit of 2 transactions per day irrespective of the transaction amount.
Note: You can only have 2 debit cards registered with your CoinZoom Account at any one time. A debit card can only be used on a single account, even if you are the owner of more than one account.
Warning: Any funds deposited from your card will be held in your account for 21 days (generally) and up to 90 days (rarely), depending on your financial institution's policies. You can still use these funds to buy and sell crypto currencies but you will not be able to transfer the USD amount or any crypto purchased with those funds out of your account until the hold expires.
ACH Bank Deposit
Transfers made through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network are a common way to transfer funds from banking institutions. They are similar to direct deposits in that your bank needs your CoinZoom routing and account numbers. But each ACH transfer takes a few days to post to your account and there is a hold period for withdrawing the funds.
CoinZoom uses Plaid as an intermediary between your bank and CoinZoom. To set up ACH transfers, you must first configure your CoinZoom banking details with Plaid. This only needs to be done once per banking account.
Add a Bank Account
- Access Settings -> Bank Details (or Banking) -> Add Bank (or Link Bank).
- Select Instant Verification to set up the Plaid connection (desktop and Pro apps only).
- Select your banking institution; if your bank is not listed, you must use another deposit method.
- Enter your login credentials for your banking account. You may have to do this a couple of times.
- Choose the banking account you want to withdraw funds from.
Instant Verification uses Plaid to confirm your account details and make a connection to your accounts. Your bank account will be connected to your CoinZoom account until you delete the connection. You must use Plaid for ACH transfers.
Make an ACH Transfer
- Select ACH Bank Deposit from the Deposit Method screen.
- Choose the bank account to use.
- Enter the dollar amount and add an optional reference note.
- Submit and confirm the transaction.
Warning: There is a $100 cancellation fee to cancel an ACH transaction.
Note: Wiring instructions for mobile apps are being updated and will be available as soon as they are released from the app store. Until then, use the information from the screen below.
Wire transfers are often used to make large deposits in a secure and reliable way from your financial institution to CoinZoom. Wire transfers typically take 2-3 business days to complete and are initiated at your financial institution. See this article comparing the different funding methods.
Wire deposits are only available to US customers and the account must be funded before the first direct deposit can be set up.
To set up a wire transfer:
- Desktop: Portfolio -> Deposit -> Wire Transfer
Mobile App: Wallet -> Deposit -> Wire Transfer
Pro App: Portfolio -> USD (tap green button) -> Deposit -> Wire Transfer
- The wire information screen shows what you need to give your financial institution in order to initiate the wire transfer, which is found at: https://trade.coinzoom.com/portfolio/deposit
Mobile app instructions will be updated with the new bank name, Signature Bridge Bank, as soon as the app stores release the latest versions.
- Send the information on the Wire Deposit Instructions screen to your financial institution where you want to initiate the transfer. Be sure to include the Reference number, which is your unique account identifier. Your name on the wire must exactly match the name on your CoinZoom account.
For customers outside the US, the Routing Number field will be a SWIFT code.
Note: Your financial institution may charge you a fee for a wire transfer.
Withdrawal Hold Times
Sometimes wire transfers have a temporary hold period that allows trading on those funds but not transfers out, as with a withdrawal. This is a protection to you to help avoid being victimized by scammers who persuade unsuspecting victims to fund their CoinZoom account with large sums and convince them to send crypto currency to the scammer. The hold times are based on multiple factors and will show in the app after the wire has been posted.
Wires from 3rd Parties
We do not accept wires into your account from other people. The sender's name on the wire must match the name on the CoinZoom account. This means you cannot send a wire to your spouse's CoinZoom account if your spouse is not named on the account, as with a joint bank account. Wires from 3rd parties will be sent back and the sender will be responsible for any fees the financial institution may charge.
However, you can send a wire to your own CoinZoom account and ZoomMe the amount to your spouse's account after any withdrawal hold time expires.
If you have a joint bank account and want to send a wire to your spouse's CoinZoom account, attach a copy of your joint bank statement showing:
- Both names
- Current address
- Account number (black out all but the last 4 digits)
- Black out any other sensitive information
- Include the wire's reference number
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sending a wire to a corporate account requires a match between the sender's name and the CoinZoom account name. If they do not match, the wire will be returned. Any fees the financial institution charges for the return are the responsibility of the sender.
Wire transfers take 2-3 days to arrive at CoinZoom and are posted to the account on the same or next business day. They are only posted on US business days.
Direct deposits allow you to fund your CoinZoom account directly from a paycheck or tax refund. Give your CoinZoom account information to your employer to with an amount or percentage to deposit in your CoinZoom account each pay period.
Direct deposits are similar to ACH transfers, but once the initial setup has taken place (normally a few days), there is no withdrawal hold period and there are no fees. See this article comparing different deposit methods.
Follow these steps to create a form to give to your employer that will begin direct deposits:
- Choose Direct Deposit from the Deposit Methods screen.
- Enter the amount or percentage you want deposited with each paycheck.
- Electronically sign the form.
- Send the form to your employer.
Note: This process only creates a form for you to give to your employer to set up the direct deposit, it does not actually initiate the direct deposit.
You can use your CoinZoom wallet to receive supported digital currencies by sharing your wallet address to someone directly.
Warning: Once a transaction has been made, there is no option to undo or reverse it. Crypto must be sent to a compatible wallet; in other words, make sure that if you are receiving Bitcoin, use your Bitcoin wallet address and not another coin's wallet!
To find a wallet address or QR Code:
- Log into your CoinZoom account.
- Click on "Portfolio".
- Choose "Receive" for the desired crypto (mobile app users must select the crypto first).
- Click on the "Receive" button.
- Copy the wallet address or take a picture of the QR code.
- Share it with the person sending crypto.
If your bank offers Zelle you may be able send funds from that bank account to your CoinZoom account. Zelle is accessed through the on-line banking portal at your financial institution.
If Zelle asks for a phone number or email address instead of routing and account numbers, then it will not work with CoinZoom. Please consult your bank for further direction, if needed.
To set up a Zelle transfer, you will need to provide the CoinZoom routing number and your CoinZoom account number to Zelle:
- Access the Deposit screen in CoinZoom
- Open the Direct Deposit screen
- Copy the routing and account numbers to the online Zelle form on your banking website or app.
Zelle deposits take 4-5 business days to post to your account and are available on the day they post for trading and withdrawal. Maximum transaction amount is $500 - $10,000/day depending on your CoinZoom Visa debit card VIP level.
Note: If your bank's version of Zelle only allows you to choose recipients from the contacts on your phone and doesn't allow you to add the CoinZoom routing number and your account number, you won't be able to use Zelle to deposit funds to your CoinZoom Account.
When setting up your transfer you may be asked what kind of account this is. This is a checking account.
When configuring Zelle, make sure to put the target name as your own name as it appears on your CoinZoom account profile.
You can conveniently receive crypto or USD from any other CoinZoom customer by sharing your ZoomMe handle. Maybe your friend owes you for dinner, or your spouse wants to give you a birthday present. Any payment made to you using ZoomMe goes directly into your CoinZoom account immediately without any withdrawal hold periods or fees.
Access your ZoomMe handle in one of these ways:
- Web app: Portfolio screen. The ZoomMe handle and QR code are in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Pro app: Left-nav menu. Tap the left-nav menu icon to see your ZoomMe handle and QR code.
- Mobile app: Gear -> Personal. Your ZoomMe handle is shown on the Account Info screen but it does not show a QR code.
Share the QR code or ZoomMe handle with any other CoinZoom account holder to receive USD or crypto directly into your account.
See this article for more information on using ZoomMe.
Deposit money into your account with cash at participating convenience stores and gas stations in the United States. It works similarly to a crypto ATM, but with lower fees. CoinZoom cash shows you the nearest locations in our network that accept deposits in USD, then generates a barcode and lets you give the cash to the cashier for instant deposit into your CoinZoom account.
Fees apply but there are no hold periods. See this article comparing deposit methods. Only the mobile apps support CoinZoom Cash; it is not available on the web app.
- Open CoinZoom Cash in your mobile app from the Funding Methods screen.
- View a map of the closest CoinZoom Cash locations. Make sure your device's location is turned on.
- Tap a location on the map to see its address or get directions.
- Tap "Get Barcode" then "Activate Barcode" when you arrive at the location. It is valid for only 15 minutes.
- Present the barcode on your mobile device for the cashier to scan.
- Give the cashier the cash you want to deposit.
The funds will be deposited immediately in your account minus the convenience fee.
The following applies to CoinZoom Cash:
- Minimum deposit: $20
- Maximum deposit: $500-$999 (depending upon the store)
- 24-hour (rolling) cash limit: $1,000
- 30-day (rolling) cash limit: $10,000