Note: Wiring instructions for mobile apps are being updated and will be available as soon as they are released from the app store. Until then, use the information from the screen below.
Wire transfers are often used to make large deposits in a secure and reliable way from your financial institution to CoinZoom. Wire transfers typically take 2-3 business days to complete and are initiated at your financial institution. See this article comparing the different funding methods.
To set up a wire transfer:
- Desktop: Portfolio -> Deposit -> Wire Transfer
Mobile App: Wallet -> Deposit -> Wire Transfer
Pro App: Portfolio -> USD (tap green button) -> Deposit -> Wire Transfer
- The wire information screen shows what you need to give your financial institution in order to initiate the wire transfer, which is found at: https://trade.coinzoom.com/portfolio/deposit
Mobile app instructions will be updated with the new bank name, Signature Bridge Bank, as soon as the app stores release the latest versions.
- Send the information on the Wire Deposit Instructions screen to your financial institution where you want to initiate the transfer. Be sure to include the Reference number, which is your unique account identifier. Your name on the wire must exactly match the name on your CoinZoom account.
For customers outside the US, the Routing Number field will be a SWIFT code.
Note: Your financial institution may charge you a fee for a wire transfer.
Withdrawal Hold Times
Sometimes wire transfers have a temporary hold period that allows trading on those funds but not transfers out, as with a withdrawal. This is a protection to you to help avoid being victimized by scammers who persuade unsuspecting victims to fund their CoinZoom account with large sums and convince them to send crypto currency to the scammer. The hold times are based on multiple factors and will show in the app after the wire has been posted.
Wires from 3rd Parties
We do not accept wires into your account from other people. The sender's name on the wire must match the name on the CoinZoom account. This means you cannot send a wire to your spouse's CoinZoom account if your spouse is not named on the account, as with a joint bank account (see below).
Warning: Wires from 3rd parties will be sent back and the sender will be responsible for any fees the financial institution may charge. 3rd parties are defined as a name on an originating account that doesn't match the name on the receiving account.
However, you can send a wire to your own CoinZoom account and ZoomMe the amount to your spouse's account after any withdrawal hold time expires.
If you have a joint bank account and want to send a wire to your spouse's CoinZoom account, attach a copy of your joint bank statement showing:
- Both names
- Current address
- Account number (black out all but the last 4 digits)
- Black out any other sensitive information
- Include the wire's reference number
- Send to email@example.com.
Sending a wire to a corporate account requires a match between the sender's name and the CoinZoom account name. If they do not match, the wire will be returned. Any fees the financial institution charges for the return are the responsibility of the sender.
Wire transfers take 2-3 days to arrive at CoinZoom and are posted to the account on the same or next business day. They are only posted on US business days.