GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a European Union (EU) data privacy framework that. This enables CoinZoom customers who reside in the EU (“EU residents” or “data subjects”) to exercise certain rights with respect to their data, subject to certain exceptions. You can may exercise your data rights by following the instructions here.
CoinZoom does not and will not sell your data to third parties. We collect personal information to provide you with our services. When we do collect data it is primarily because it is mandated by law — such as when we must comply with anti-money laundering laws — or to verify your identity and protect you from potential fraudulent activity.
Please find a list of your data rights and data types associated with those rights below:
Subject to verification procedures, you may request personal data stored by CoinZoom. Specifically, you may request access to the following:
- Contact Information: Includes your full legal name, date of birth, photographs, phone number, home address, email, tax ID number, utility bills, and information from your submitted photo ID (which may include your passport number, driver’s license details, national identity card details, gender, or signature)
- Financial Information: Includes bank account information, payment card primary account number (PAN), or other information about your added payment methods
- Transaction History and Trading Data: Includes information specific to the transactions you’ve entered into using the CoinZoom app.
- Job-Related Information: Includes your job title and any other provided descriptions of your employment
- Online Behaviors: Including device data and your site interactions
- Activity Log: Includes logs of your click-stream data
- Communications: Includes records of your correspondence with our Support team
- Survey Responses: Includes your responses to any surveys you completed for CoinZoom
- Connected Applications: Includes applications you have connected through your CoinZoom account
- Referrals: Includes information related to any referrals you have made to CoinZoom
This is essentially the same as the right to request access, except you may receive a copy of your data in machine-readable form.
Request Deletion (“Right to be Forgotten’)
You may not request deletion of most or all of your data, in as much as it is subject to regulatory retention and record keeping requirements.
You may delete the following data without impacting your access to CoinZoom services:
- Marketing and Communications Data (this includes website engagement metrics and cookies)
- Survey Responses
- Connected Applications
Requests for deletion of any of the following may result in the closure of your account:
- Contact Information
- Financial Information
- Transaction History
- Trading Data
- Job-Related Information
You may request to correct, modify, or complete your data. If you request correction or modification of data we collect for legal or identity verification purposes, your ability to access CoinZoom services may be limited while we verify the new information.
The following data is modifiable directly through your account settings:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Home address
- Email address
- Bank account information
- Payment card PAN
The following data may be modified by you uploading a new photo ID:
- Full legal name
- Passport number
- Driver’s license number
The following additional information may be modified by CoinZoom at your request:
- Utility bills
- Tax ID
- Job title
- Employment description
- Survey responses
The following data is not modifiable:
- Transaction history
- Trading data
- Click-stream data
- Any letters or attachments sent by you to CoinZoom
- Support call recordings
Please note that if you submit a request to modify data that may be modified by you in your account settings, your request will not be processed.
Request Restriction of Processing
- You have the right to restrict or object to us processing your personal information where one of the following applies:
- You contest the accuracy of our data and wish to have it corrected
- You believe the processing of your data is unlawful but wish for us to hold the data instead of erasing it
- You require the data for a legal claim
- You object to our legal basis for the collection of your data
For scenario 1, we will direct you to modify the data you believe is inaccurate. For all other scenarios, your request will be submitted to a specialist for review.