Google Authenticator provides an extra layer of security. Since the Google Authenticator app is not tied to your phone number (you'll still need a phone number associated with your coinzoom account in order to buy or sell digital currency), you will be protected even in the event of an attacker compromising your phone number.
When using Google Authenticator for your 2-step verification codes, you will still be protected even if your password is stolen and your phone number is ported. When using Google Authenticator, the only way to generate 2-step verification codes is by physically accessing your Google Authenticator app.
Please download an Authenticator app before beginning this process.
To Enable the Google Authenticator App on your coinzoom Account:
- Log into your CoinZoom account
- Click on "Settings"
- Click on "Settings" from the menu on the right side of your screen.
- Click on "Manage Google Auth"
- Save a copy of the "Two-Factor Authentication Secure Key" in a secure, safe place.
- From your Google Authenticator app click the plus or "+" icon
- You can choose to "Scan Code" from your mobile phone and then point your camera at the QR code
- A new code "CoinZoom" will appear in your list of codes
- Enter this code in the "Authenticator Code" box
- Click "Enable 2FA" button
To Manage Google Authenticator use with your CoinZoom Account
Click "Advance Settings"
From this screen you can between using a once time password "OTP" or Google Authenticator for trading and/or transactions.